Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

We have all been there in one form or another. That moment where we wake up, look in the mirror and realize that our youth is slipping away from us. Some of us aren't where we want to be in our careers, education or personal lives. Personally, I've always been one to march to the beat of my own drum. In fact, I can say with a lot of confidence, each Giddens' kid had their own drum. I find it ironic that I have chosen this idiom for the purpose of illustration because anyone who knows me understands that I do not have any inclination of rhythm. This is true in all the areas of my life that are listed above. Today, I woke up, found myself breathing down the neck of year 28, and in need of personal goals. Without a plan to continuously grow and challenge ourselves, we become idle. We become complacent. In the past year of my life, I have been handed more obstacles than I could have ever imagined overcoming. With a new career and a new life chapter in the horizon, it was time for me to set new goals and new ambitions for myself. There are three areas of my life that I can control; environment, ambition and fitness levels. I feel as if the first two areas of my life are a work in progress, however, the third area is a state that I choose to regain.

Today, under the direction of two of my friends and much research, I decided to begin a program that will help me achieve my fitness needs. Don't get me wrong, it's going to be difficult and challenging. This is exactly what I want. I want to work very hard for something that will give me optimal results in my life. I want to feel physically challenged, encouraged and fit. I'm mentally tough enough to do anything and I look forward to utilizing it to push myself where I can do things that have been seemingly unattainable for the vast majority of my life. I started the Paleo diet along with the CrossFit program. It will be beyond challenging but I know that I'm at a place where I want this more than I want convenience. For those of you who choose to follow me on this venture, I will keep my journey documented. My goal is to shed 20 lbs and reach my maximum physical abilities.

Here's to a new beginning....

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a fantastic idea. I could not be more pumped to share in your journey via this blog. You are one stubborn, committed person. When you set your heart to something... There's no end to what you'll accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! And I'm so glad you've started writing...keep it up :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Guys! I have my first work out this afternoon at 4:30 and I'm kind of nervous. I may be the chunkiest and most out of shape person there, but I'm to the point that I just don't care. I need a challenge.

    ReplyDelete