Thursday, August 19, 2010

No, I haven't quit.

I haven't posted in awhile because things have been pretty busy for me. I wanted to take some time this evening just to update those of you who are reading this. Everything is still going swimmingly for me in the CrossFit program. I have identified how to push through, endure, and embrace the pain that comes along with this program. I'm always sore but it's because I'm always trying to push myself to the next level. Right now, I am only going to CrossFit three times a week and I am seeing amazing results. I've lost several inches around my waist and hips. I don't weigh very often but I weighed this morning and I've lost about 11 lbs since I started changing my lifestyle. I know that CrossFit is a remarkable program but I wouldn't be seeing the results I'm seeing if it weren't for the fact that I'm eating clean. I've given up many of the things that most of us can't seem to live with out (dairy, wheat, sugars, and even alcohol). It's amazing what your body will naturally do when you've flushed all the toxins out of your system by changing what you are putting into it. For the first time in years, I go to bed without taking an inhaler for asthma. My skin has completely cleared up. My nails and hair are becoming stronger. I was a skeptic before I tried it, too. However, now I'm a believer and I can't imagine ever going back. My next goal is to conquer the pull-up and hand stand. Once I'm rope climbing like a champion, I'll know I've made some major progress. Once again, I extend the same invitation. Anyone who would like to go work out with me and try CrossFit to see if it's for you, give me a call. I'd be glad to go up there with you. The first work out is free. You have to be in the right mind set to do it. With a defeated mind, you have a defeated body. With a strong mind, you have a strong body. They say that out of every 10 people who check out a CrossFit Box, only two come back. That's how you know that you've put yourself ahead of the pack. You're trying something that a lot of other people are scared to do.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! You have inspired me. I'm looking for CrossFit in my area. Keep writing, you're inspiring people you don't even know.

    ReplyDelete