Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yes, it is for you. No, really, it is.

I have been receiving a lot of questions from my friends and family concerning the whole idea of CrossFit. I can understand every one's apprehension, believe me. I had the same feeling before I joined. I spent countless hours researching it, watching videos on youtube, and reading various success stories on the world wide web. It's important that you execute each of the aforementioned steps. I feel, personally, that the deal sealer was reading about success stories from people all across the nation. There is not a "typical" crossfitter. They range from all shapes and sizes and each vary in fitness levels. There are some extreme athletes and some people who have the upper body strength of a toddler, much like myself. There are those who can run a 4 minute mile and those who can't complete a 1/2 mile. I'd be lying if I said there aren't moments where I feel like a complete idiot but really, who cares? I will take feeling outside of my element for an hour and walking away completely drenched in sweat, feeling like I've accomplished something substantial over riding a stationary bike for an hour any day. I never feel like I lose my pride when I step inside the CrossFit gym. It's quite the opposite. I leave every day feeling like I have more self worth than I did when I first woke up. I feel proud of myself.

Heidi and the CrossFit team do an excellent job of answering questions on their website. Here's a link for all the Q&As you may have http://www.crossfitama.com/cfama-faqs/). Also, their email addresses are listed and trust me, they will respond. They are excellent at communicating effectively. There have been times where Heidi has called or emailed me just to remind me something or to give me a few extra tips. They are serious about what they do. Heidi and Ryan both make it effortless to believe in your potential. There are times where I accomplish something and I can tell that Heidi is genuinely just as proud of me and and just as excited for me as I am. She is in love with what she does. Heidi enjoys taking part in changing people's lives and she excels at it.

I've already noticed changes in my body and my energy levels. Today, my work-out was intense but after it was over, I was ready to do more. Ryan and Heidi were both there pushing me the whole way. I left red-faced, winded, and drenched in perspiration. Don't pretend like that isn't an appealing visual. You'd just be lying to yourself and to me. Nobody likes a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment